- Avoiding tobacco adds 20 years to the life of a teenager.
- In India, 900,000 people die due to tobacco related diseases per year.
- In India The tobacco contributes to 56.4% and 44.9% of cancers in men and women, respectively.
- India has the largest number of oral cancer cases in the world which is due to tobacco.
- Tobacco smoking accounts for 82% of Chronic obstructive lung disease in India.
- Tobacco indirectly causes lung tuberculosis.
- The heavier the smoking, either cigarettes or bidis, the greater the prevalence of TB among smokers.
- It is estimated that India as compared to any other country will have the fastest rise in tobacco related deaths each year.
*HEALTHY-INDIA.ORG के सौजन्य से साभार
Photo by Dinesh Chandra Varshney for Bharat Nav Nirman only